Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Wreaf--Updated

Remember this post? I've been on the hunt for a new front door wreath for awhile, but I finally just broken down and made one, until I find what I am looking for.

I saw a couple of variations in magazines and online, but wanted something a little plainer. This is a versatile project on the cheap. Use any kinda fabric you might have. I had some leftover burlap so I went to work.

Gather up your supplies- you'll need 1-1 1/2 of fabric, and a wire coat hanger. Maybe extra fabric for a bow??
 Go ahead and un-twist your coat hanger and bend into a circle like shape.
Next, lay your fabric out flat and cut long strips. Your strips should be 3-4in wide. Don't worry about measuring- just eyeball it.
Take a strip and thread on your coat hanger. Twist and turn it, creating those big loops. Keep on threading until you run out- and then just repeat with another strip.
When you are finished, kinda wrap the ends of the coat hanger to form a loop.
Ta-Da!
I have found you might want to add a little hot glue to stabilize your fabric in between your loops as they have a tendency to slide down.

I was going to put a bow- but I like the simplicity and texture of the burlap.

2 comments:

sazmcd said...

Hi Lindsey, this looks lovely and I think I will be trying it this year. PS you might not have seen the typo in your title - 'wreaf' instead of 'wreath' :)

sazmcd said...

Hi Lindsey, this looks lovely and I think I will be trying it this year. PS you might not have seen the typo in your title - 'wreaf' instead of 'wreath' :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...