Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Boquet for You....

  A few weeks ago, on a Nashville trip, some friends and I popped into the Fossil store. After perusing around a bit, I stumbled across these "oh-so-cute"  flower pins.


So cute, right?? They were about 5" in diameter, and sold for $15. I was tempted to snag one, until my cheap gears started turning. "How easy would it be to make this?"  I knew I had some left-over felt at home, soooooo, this is what I came up with:

First, I cut out a couple of circles, in graduated sizes.


Next, grab some scissors and fray the edges with little snips. My snips are about 1/2 in long. It's fine if your snips are not even.


      Next, thread yo' self a needle and grab the two smallest circles. Stack them, with the smallest on top. Now, kinda  fold/scrunch/bunch them up. Sew a couple of stitches towards the bottom- you are trying to make those little snips stand up.




  Ok, now stack your just- sewed circles on top of your other snipped circles (Make sure they are all in order). Stitch a few loops to hold it all together. Last step-  hot glue/ super glue a pin on the back. Make sure you glue the pin close to the top, or it might hang or flop forward.
                                  
 Where to find these pins?? Try a crafts store (Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann's) or maybe even good ole' Wal-mart.

   Ta- da!! Piece of cake! Just the right "foof" to jazz up your coat, or a plain cardigan! And how stinking cute would it be on a kiddo?? Love it!


   Yeah, I know, I got a bit carried away. I was supposed to be watching the football game with Brenon. How did I do the other, smaller flowers? I found them on another cute blog, awhile back. Find her----->HERE

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yours look awesome! I really like the smaller ones too! I can't believe they wanted to charge so much for something soooo simple! Yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...