Monday, December 27, 2010

Trying Not to Find Pants???

Hi everyone- Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I am kind of relieved that Christmas is winding down. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the holidays, but now begins one of my favorite parts of the year- SPENDING THOSE GIFT CARDS/ SCORING HOLIDAY DEALS! This time of year, one can really splurge on someone else's dime. Hooray!

    What will I be purchasing with my gift cards? One particular item, that I must confess, I need to vent about. Yes, just for a moment. Some deep, mind-blowing, worldly questions. Something that has been troubling me for weeks now...
           


What on earth are leggings? Jeggings? I see them everywhere now. Like an explosion of pantsless women. Where did they come from? Who started them?? What is the purpose of them? Yes, I know literally what they are. However, I see lovely ladies, young and old alike, sporting their pencil thin pipes-of-a-leg. Sticks, I tell you- their legs look like sticks. What can one deduce from said ladies? You, too, can have pipe-cleaner legs by wearing the no pants jegging/legging look.
  Here is the Ann Taylor option.....




 See what I mean?? I have hunted. Scouted. Searched. Seen the inside of nearly ALL of Memphis' fitting rooms. Tried on literally like............... 4 pair (maybe it seems like 4 million in my mind). For you jegging pros- what is it? Is it the look? Are they comfortable? I am left feeling sweaty (after wriggling out of a too small Lycra-blend contraption), fatter and defeated when I leaving the dressing room. Why? I am not sure. Afterall, I wasn't really trying much of anything on in the first place.  

I leave you with this- a hilarious skit from the mildly funny Conan. I might have peed a little.  But, don't worry- I wasn't wearing pants.

1 comment:

My Mississippi Madness said...

Linds,
If you find a good pair of Jeggins please let me know! I need one like WHOA!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...