Monday, October 17, 2011

Sugar Loaf

Ahhh.. finally.
Fall Break.
One of my favorite-est times of the year.

Every year, about this time, some of my dearest friends and I pack up a car and head to her family's cabin in the Heber Springs area. It's a weekend of laughter, squeals, red lipstick, staying up late, inappropriateness, and fun.

This year was no exception. Radiating strength and inner Girl-Power, we decided to pack up our old-school Timberlands and try to hike a local mountain mound, Sugar Loaf.

Shoo-weee.

It was a real hike-walking up trails and then actual climbing the face of the rock.
It was a beautiful climb!



I promise I have 2 arms.



When we reached the summit, I was struck by how blessed I really am. So in awe of the glorious things the God has given us.




The Gang coming down from the summit. So thankful for them!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Heber Springs, AR? Beautiful area!

Lara said...

This looks like so much fun! A long time ago, I was watching some Guinness Book of World Records show and the were featuring an insane free-soloist named Dan Osman. You should look him up. He died doing a diving stunt but holy cow, he was amazing brave/foolish.

Daphne said...

LOVE that spot! Just catching up/blog stalking you a little today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...