Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cognac, Cognac, Where Ever You Are...


Stay with me:

Scenario: You wake up one day, take a look at your sad, little _____ (fill in blank with some replaceable item), decide it's seen better days, and declare that "It's time for a new one!" So with some gusto, a hot pursuit begins.

I now hate a "hot pursuit" as I have been pursuit-ing since.., I dunno, THIS post!

What am I searching for.
A purse.
A simple tote to carry my crap from point A to B. But alas, I've made it difficult for myself. I know EXACTLY what I want, and what I don't want to pay.

The problem?
Finding it.

I've been head over heels for my current cognac leather tote for awhile now. Maybe over a year. Plain. Real Leather. Simple. Roomy, and bought at a TJ Maxx Price.
Bliss.
So, when I head it crying from all the unsightly wear and tear I've put it thru, I decided to OFFICIALLY start the hunt. Saving my money, checking EVERY possible place.

That was months ago. I feel like a tiger with leg cramps- I've been ready to pounce for W-A-Y too long. But I'm thru, THRU I tell you. I'm about to narrow it all down ( and purge some of the sites on My Favorites tab). Wanna see some contenders? They were all carefully interviewed in front of a panel committee and given a random drug screening...Kidding.








or possibly this hunk of chunk change:


(Kidding, Mom)

Thoughts? Any peer-pressured help would be appreciated!





5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the Halogen one the best... I find myself keeping an eye out for something similar.

Unknown said...

My favorite is the Halogen!! Plus it is on sale for 33% off!!! Think of all the money you're saving...

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Ohh.. I love all of those purses! I wish I could splurge and get every.single.one. If I had to pick Id go with the Steve Madden.. I like the shape and the color. :)

Im going to poke around your site some more.. if you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday party :)

Lara said...

I really like the Halogen and the Steve Madden below it. They both have the shoulder strap which is nice if you need to free up a bit. The Madden isn't as deep though - either a good or bad thing - depends on you.

The Halogen is real leather and only a wee bit more pricey than the Madden so I think it's totally worth it!

Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Bahaha tiger with leg cramps! Loved that. Anyway, I choose Halogen! I have this one in "Nutmeg" and love it: http://www.ebags.com/product/piazza/capri-tote/221899?productid=10154310 Buttery leather, well made, plain, and can carry lots of my crap...and give me shoulder pain in the process because of it. But let's overlook that part...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...