Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Creature of Habit

 There are few things in life that I love more than stumbling upon an epic find. 
Trying out some new product, thing, or idea and...
--SURPRISE-- 
It completely changes you. Your life becomes better, easier, faster, sunnier, no matter how trivial. And then you like them so much, you keep going back to them. And you buy 4 of them. Cue the Julie Andrew's music.


 Here are a few of my Favorite Things.. well, as of lately.


Oh, how I love these. I never thought exposing so much of my leg could make me feel so.. liberated. They have just enough stretch that I can feel comfortable eating my beloved McDonald's Filet o Fish for lunch. And I'm kinda digging the the collection of Rainbow Bright colors. 
2) Target Milena Wedge
The perfect shoe. Not a heel and not a flat. Simple enough for dressy days. Simple enough for errands. They come in simple colors. Perfect.



3) Pinky- White Nude Nail Polish
I've really re-kindled a love for polish. But as much as I'm loving it again, only my toesies are seeing the colors. My hands, however, are on a quest for the perfect pinky-white nude.
OPI's Bubble Bath has been satisfying my craving, lately.


4) Urban Outfitters Scarves
Mmmm.. a more recent find.  I can't quite explain it, they're a bit grungy, a bit casual, and a bit glamorous. One of those infinity scarves can't be beat.


Amidst the wave of mineral make-ups, buffing brushes, and "barely there looks", I think I'm the last person on the Earth that wears a full liquid foundation+pancake concealer. Everyday. There's just something about "cheerleader competition" make-up that I swoon over. Benefit is a great little line out of CA. They have some beautiful things in a kinda kitchy, retro wrap. Just playing with the samples at Sephora just gives me the willies inside.


6) Music
That sounds like most cliche-est answer ever.
But it's true.
 My family has always loved music. Drewsie and I still don't think twice about calling each other just to catch up and share a couple of great songs. But in the last half year, I've taken a real nose dive back into it. Old stuff, TV jingles, radio music, dance music, and stuff I would have never even considered. It just makes me feel.. together- like I have my head on straight. Like a big gulp of water. And I like that feeling now.
Here, let me give you a smidge.

*  The complete Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band album- The Beatles
* "Video Games" and "Diet Mt. Dew"- Lana Del Rey
* "As Much as I Ever Could" -City and Colour
*  "Holocene" -Bon Iver
*The complete Brothers album- The Black Keys
* "End of the Line" and "Comeback Kid"- Sleigh Bells
* The classical piece  Clair de Lune
*The 30 #1's- Elvis Presley
* some Iron and Wine
* " You're a Wolf" - Sea Wolf
* The Karen O and Trent Reznor cover of Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song"



What are some of your constant favorites? Do YOU have some "til death do we part" items?

 


 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I was a cool "music person", but alas, I am not. LOVE the nail color!

Lara said...

I live in the rock star jeggings! Have the two darker blue shades and red (which I haven't figured how to wear yet).

Oh, and liquid eyeliner. Can't live without it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...