Thursday, February 2, 2012

Awkward-Awesome Thursday..


Let's all slap hands for almost the weekend!
Annnd another awkward-awesome week...

AWKWARD:
* Up to this point, its been questionable, but as of late its official. I think I've reached adulthood. The law says the legal age is 18. I beg to differ. 27 is more appropriate. I find myself now sporadically thinking about my sodium intake, if should I be investing in something, and political debates. The icing on this adult size cake? I am made an appt. for Stanley Steemer to steam clean the carpets.
* People on the gym equipment next to you singing. Loudly. Off Key. Hey buddy, you're not Michael Bolton or  Prince, so why don't we put a lid on it, hmm? Let's save those "chops" for shower solos.

*And while we are on gym people, the weird, creeper-esque guy repeatedly staring, winking, overtly flexing during my runs. Sir, you look 40 from all of your 'roids, I am 27. It would never work out between us.

*Let's have a serious discussion. Yes, by now, you know I work at a school. So occasionally, I could, in theory, be inclined to hear a little toot-toot from a kiddo, wouldn't you say? Boy, when I hear them it is a STRUGGLE not to laugh. So much so, that often the little darling will ask me why I am shaking all over. It's because you pooted, kid. And I feel weird hearing it.

*Eating a whole bag of Lays Dill Pickle chips. And your tongue swelling from the tartness.


AWESOME:

* Is the weather nice where you are? It's been highly unusual here. Warm and breezy. I'm torn. Yes, I do love flying home from work with the sunroof open. But yes, I do love a snow day. I'll be thankful for both.

*My latest love affair with... cargo pants. I know, I know! More about this later.

* Lays Dill Pickle Chips (see above for the flip side).

* Move over LeVar Burton, I've been reading. A lot.

 Might I recommend The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series and The Hunger Games? Yes, you're welcome.

* February 11. Don't judge.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Turning into an adult is the pits! Sodium, cholesterol, going to the gym full of creepers, cleaning your carpet, not being able to laugh at a fart... yeah, adulthood is NO fun!

Linley said...

Hey Lindsey! Thanks for saying hey on my blog! I love hearing from others who are down here in the south and a SLP! (:

Also, I've heard the hunger games series is good - I think I need to check it out! Thanks for the rec!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...