Tuesday, June 19, 2012

To: You


I just saw you.
And though I know you'll never read this, never find this, won't even blink twice, I had to tell you.
I've tried to share, but it still doesn't really come out exactly the way I want it to.
It's beyond cliche, and yes, possibly a tinge over-dramatic. Well, way over-dramatic.
It's exactly the way I wish I didn't feel.
But I DO feel this way.
I know you like them, too.
 I had to tell you.


To: You

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Running in circles; coming up tails
Heads on a silence apart

Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science; science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart

Tell me you love me
Come back and haunt me
Oh and I rush to the start
Running in circles, chasing our tails
Coming back as we are

Nobody said it was easy
Oh it's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
I'm going back to the start

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...