Friday, June 22, 2012

Awkward- Awesome Thursday

Awkward:
- My "spiciness" level. Stay with me here. A few years ago I could totally handle me some spice. Mexican foods, grill rubs, and exotic tastes didn't bother me a bit. Not so much as a flicker of pain. Now it seems that tomatoes from a jar give me an extreme lash of heat on my tongue. Sorry mild salsa, I miss you, too.

-The rest of the summer. I wish I could tell you more. I can't. The rest of the summer will be painfully awkward. It makes me want to close my eyes and let out one HUGE belly breath. No, I'm not pregnant.

- My Birchbox subscription keeps getting weirder and weirder. I know I signed up for new, funky items, but bizzare samples are what I'm getting. You might be done soon, Birchbox.


Awesome:

- Have you seen that little book, Awkward Family Photos ? It's been on the shelf for a few months. Basically, a mass collection of... well, awkward family photos. Without fail, I have to re-read it a few times when I pop into a book store. I'm the one laughing and crying like a hyena in the corner.

- New Music Thursday! New Music Thursday! AWOL Nation's new CD is great. As is old/new favorites Coldplay and Ray LaMontagne. How did I not love them this much a few years ago? Perfect, I tell you. 

- Just recently picked up Maybelline's SuperStay 10HR. LipStain. Whoa Nelly, I am loving it! Good subtle color, like you've just had a popsicle. Without the stickiness or calories.




-  I'll give you just a teensy hint about my latest DIY. So quick and so chic! More about it later!






3 comments:

Lara said...

So weird about the spiciness! I didn't know you could suddenly not be able to tolerate it. Uh oh! I LOVE spicy stuff... like competing in a hot wing competition LOVE!

Awkward family photos is so great!

What weird stuff did you get from BB this month?

Anonymous said...

I used to go to the awkward family photos blog website all the time. I would die laughing some of them are so funny!

That lipgloss is very intriguing...I may need to check that out.

And I'm excited to see what diy project you've got up your sleeve!

My Mississippi Madness said...

Ahh. Linds. Miss you! When can you come to Oxford and be my Friend. I agree my Birchbox is getting rather old.

My friend Meghan does this fitness/health type of one--I'm thinking about switching.

Mama Reid says Hey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...