Kids say the darndest things, don't they?
Working in an elementary school, with little ones, sometimes makes for a silly day. However, I love it- and am blessed by their (mostly) sweet spirits. So today's awesome-awkward is based on the RIDICULOUS things I've actually heard in the past few weeks. So awkward, they give me the giggles all over again.
* "Mrs. Lindsey, are you married to the gym teacher?"
* "Do you have kids? Your belly is big". (Uhhh.. thanks?)
* "My Daddy says the HW you send home is silly and that I don't have to do it". (Oh ok, talk
with a lisp forever, then)
* We're playing a phonological awareness game and rhyming some words. Should have known
that 'truck' is not a good one to start with....
* "Mrs. Lindsey, I smell pooted. Do you know how to do that?" (Nope)
And although WILDLY inappropriate, my personal fave:
Child and I are reviewing some SH- picture cards. Shoe, Shark, Sheriff, Shirt, Shaving Cream. Shaggy dog, etc. Face lights up and small tap on the shoulder.
Child: "Hey know what Mrs. Lindsey? My daddy shaves."
Me: "Oh, good? Does a shark shave? Does a shoe shave?
Child: "No! That is so silly!"
"BUT know what? My daddy shaves his teeter!"